Tuesday, January 16, 2018

January

Not much happening here in the house above Heck Creek to write about.  To date January has been very cold and mostly cloudy.  (So much for those predictions I saw last fall for a warmer than average winter.)  The warmest place in the house is in the front room by the wood stove.  I just want to sit there and doze.



Ralph has been organizing the shop area.  It really hasn't been usable since we've moved in.  I would like to carve out a spot to do some glass work.  I unpacked a few bits from before the move and hung them in the windows to add a little color to the gray days.


above the kitchen sink

in the bedroom window

And I continue to make blocks for my winter sampler quilt.


paper-pieced teapot and cups


appliqued mittens

If I ever get this quilt finished I may not do applique again--I  find it tedious and I'm never quite satisfied with the results.  Three appliqued dilly birds and another mitten to go.


2 comments: