Monday, August 7, 2017

Daylilies

The beginning of August marks the end of the daylily bloom.  Well, there are still a few stragglers but the big show is over.

The daylily is one of my favorite flowers.  (I don't think I'm alone in this.)   When we left Missouri, the daylilies came with us.  My collection is rather small and mostly yellow but I love them anyway. 


This one is such a happy color and the flowers are huge--they can be 5 or 6  inches across.



This one is a beautiful lemony yellow.



This one has such fun ruffled petals.



And this one has a bit of a blush.




I even like the looks of this one--the original species from which all others are derived--Hemerocallis fulva



I may just have to add to the daylilies at Heck Creek next spring.  With a daylily farm (http://www.blueridgedaylilies.com/) almost next door, I have no excuse not to.  Maybe a pink one.




No comments:

Post a Comment